Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Strength Through Diversity

Ok so sendspace has been driving me crazy this past week. I've had stuff uploading and everytime it has timed out leaving my post left in tatters (usually because I am trying to get it up before I go to work).


Anyway, so here we go again, this post is going to be super brief because I have loads to do tonight.


Subzero are an amazing NYHC band, this is their debut from 1997 and whilst its not as heavy as their later material on Stillborn and is absolutley succulent in its songwriting. The band has so much going on and each song is so diverse and different, so much so, this really shouldn't work, there are so many contrasting elements mixed here that most other bands would be botch when it came to melding them together. Subzero manage not to do this and instead create an album that is a true classic of the New York scene.



http://www.sendspace.com/file/rd2xm4 - Subzero - Happiness Without Peace
Copies going here for DIRT cheap, so don't be a sucka, pick it up cuz its outta print - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000005HNH/ref=dp_olp_1/102-2454382-6636115?ie=UTF8&qid=1190745164&sr=1-2
PS - I cannot find the CD, hence no artwork :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Classic shit. All Subzero's newer stuff is to me equally good as Happiness, but this has few so good songs, love'd to see 'em live.

Anonymous said...

available from a reliable euro mailorder as well : www.goodliferecordings.com/webstore

hell yeah,
Ed